My daughter says this slice is so good she would give up meat for veggie food like this and she asked me to make it two nights in a row. It’s super easy so have a go!
3 heaped cups of Mixed Veggies (I used spring onions, asparagus, parsley, corn, spinach and potato but have added others and basically use what I have in the fridge)
4 large eggs
3/4 cup of sour cream
200g of Fetta (I love Danish fetta because of its creaminess)
1 cup of shredded parmesan plus a bit extra for on top
3 tablespoons of Pesto
6 tablespoons of Gluten Free Corn Cous Cous (or GF breadcrumbs)
1. Lightly cook the veggies until they are just tender (you don’t want them to go mushy when baked). Drain very well.
2. Sprinkle the cous cous over the base of an 8 inch, well buttered or oiled square baking dish. The cous cous will form a base for the slice.
3. Mix together until there are no lumps (well maybe only a few, it’s hard to get rid of them all) the eggs, fetta, sour cream, parmesan and pesto
4. Sprinkle the drained veggies over the cous cous
5. Pour the mixture over the top and shake a little so it gets in around the veggies
6. Sprinkle the extra parmesan (and some tomato slices if you feel like it) over the top
7. Bake for 25 minutes at 180C
8. Allow to rest for a few minutes before serving
It tastes even better the next day for brunch!!!